This Society awards scholarships to students through an essay contest. The California Mayflower Society offers three awards each year to qualified applicants: one $5000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship and one $2,000 scholarship.
A scholarship applicant must be a high school senior during the year he/she applies for the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must show a lineage connection to the California Mayflower Society either as
- a current member of the California Mayflower Society; or
- as the child, grandchild, great-grandchild, niece, nephew, grandniece, grandnephew, great-grandniece or great-grandnephew of a living, current member of the California Mayflower Society.
There is NO restriction regarding the residence of the California Mayflower Society member or the residence of the scholarship applicant.
Applicants must submit the following:
- a Scholarship Application Form which will require two essays, one in the form of a letter
- a copy of the applicant’s high school transcript
- a letter of recommendation from a teacher
- a character reference
- a photocopy of the scores from either the applicant’s ACT or SAT test.
Everything you will need to prepare, format and submit your application is in these two documents.
All application materials must be received no later than March 1 of each year. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
For More Information
If you have questions about any aspect of the scholarship program please send an email to Education/Scholarship Secretary Sally Johnson at email@example.com